Welcome to Tribulation Today
[Prophecy Talk] Antichrist In The Middle East?
Joined: Dec 31, 2014
[Prophecy Talk] Antichrist In The Middle East?
March 15, 2016 03:03 PM
What do you think it means, the antichrist having no regard for the desire of women? Do you think the antichrist could come out of the middle east instead of the EU? I have a feeling that Ahmadinejad is the antichrist or that he will have something to do with the antichrist. Probably more to do with the antichrist than being the antichrist. I came across some different perspectives than what I've heard.
37Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
BUT what is meant by the expression in Daniel 11:37, "the desire of women"? The verse is dealing with the gods that are worshiped in the Tribulation. The last term signifies the gods of all other nations. But between these phrases is "the desire of women." Since it is thus sandwiched between these two expressions referring to the various gods of the nations, the implication is that it likewise refers to a god. What then does this expression, desire of women, mean in Jewish thought? We learn that it was the desire of the Jewish women to become the mother of the Messiah. Thus the Messiah, then, is probably "the desire of women," of the Jewish women. When we study messianic prophecy, we see that He is God in human form who enters the world by miraculous conception and virgin birth. He is truly a man and at the same time He is God--not God and man (a monstrosity), but the God-man. See such passages as Isaiah 7:14, 9:6; John 1:1-18, Philippians 2:5-11, and Hebrews, chapters 1 and 2.
When we recognize that "the desire of women" refers to the divine-human Messiah, and when we see that this willful king is opposed to all gods and equally to this one, "desire of women," we see that he is likewise opposed to Christ. Thus this passage shows that though the church is removed from the earth before the Tribulation, Christ will be preached and Christianity will continue to exist during the Tribulation. As suggested above, the banner of Prince Immanuel that the ascending church drops as it wends its way to meet the Lord in the air is picked up by the 144,000 Jewish evangelists, who accept the message which we are now giving to Israel, who rush forth into the breach that has been left by the departing church and go forward into battle, pressing the claims of Jesus Christ upon the world. These evangelists bring about the world's greatest revival, in which multiplied millions and hundreds of millions of souls will accept Jesus Christ and wash their robes and make them white in the blood of the Lamb.
9 Reasons Why the Antichrist is not a European (
1. The kingdom of the antichrist is from one of the parts of Alexander the Great's empire, none of which is in Europe.
2. The antichrist is called by name the "Assyrian". (Assyrian, or Seleucid, is that part of the Grecian empire out of which antichrist arises.)
3. The antichrist is also called the "king of the north". Europe is not north of Israel. (see Daniel chapter 11).
06-08-2005 emendation starts here> The historical King of the North which occupies a great deal of Daniel chapter 11, beginning with verse 6, is the ancient King of Assyria. Verses 6,7,8,11,13,15 specifically refer by title to this ancient king, who is not a European. The future portion of the prophecy in Daniel 11 (which is yet unfilled) begins in verse 36 with a reference to the "king" who shall do according to his will." This king himself (as opposed to his kingdom), who is clearly the antichrist, is also referred to as the "king of the north" in verse 40, thus identifying the antichrist with the historical King of Assyria, not some European place of origin. It is correct to say the king proper comes (originally, upon assumption of his position of authority) from the north which can not geographically be Europe as a place of origin of the antichrist.
4. The historical "king of the north" (to be distinguished from the prophetic "king of the north") was the king of Assyria. (see Daniel chapter 11) Assyria is not in Europe.
5. The historical "king of the north" (Assyria) fought against the historical "king of the south" (Egypt) exactly as the prophetic "king of the north" will when he (the antichrist) conquers Egypt. (see Daniel chapter 11)
6. The kingdom of antichrist grows in three directions toward the south, the east and toward the pleasant land. (the pleasant land is Israel).
Daniel 8:9 And out of one of them [ one of Alexander the Great's 4 divisions ] came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east and toward the pleasant land
If this kingdom waxes EXCEEDING GREAT,
TOWARD THE SOUTH,
and the PLEASANT LAND (Israel/Palestine).
Follow me here: these directions point to 3 mutually exclusive compass directions.
The kingdom (not the king) is growing in THREE (3) directions. If the kingdom was West of Israel, EAST and the PLEASANT LAND would be the same direction. Therefore, the kingdom is NOT west of Israel. If the kingdom was North of Israel, the SOUTH and PLEASANT LAND would be redundant. Therefore, the kingdom is not north of Israel. This leaves SOUTH of Israel and EAST of Israel as our 2 choices. We have to eliminate the SOUTH of Israel because the antichrist attacks and conquers the king of the south - Egypt .
This leaves us with EAST of Israel as the place of the antichrist's kingdom. 06-08-2005 emendation starts here> The kingdom (as distinct from the king) is predominantly EAST of Israel. This kingdom comes into play after the king has received a crown, giving him more territory/authority than he initially had. This kingdom has the 7 heads and 10 horns and it represents the developed and expanded kingdom of the antichrist depicted in Revelation 13 and forward.
7. In a military campaign moving toward the south (toward Egypt) antichrist will establish his headquarters in Israel. If he was in Europe he could not do this. (Actually, it appears that the antichrist returns from a southern campaign against Egypt.)
8. Arguments from a negative viewpoint are never quite as good as positive arguments. However, at this point let it be said that there are no scriptures which say that the antichrist is European or Roman. On the otherhand, there are scriptures which do say that he is an Assyrian. If one stopped at Daniel 2 a case might could be made that the antichrist was from Rome. However, one can not stop at Daniel 2, but, must include Daniel 7 and 8. (see Note A)
9. The antichrist arises AMONG ten kings. These ten kings are clearly Muslim nations.
In Daniel 9:26 it says that the "people (Romans) of the prince that shall come" (the antichrist) "shall destroy the city and the sanctuary." This says that the antichrist will be descended from Roman peoples. There is a Muslim king whose mother was British. There is also research on the internet that shows that the Etruscans were originally from Assyria.
the Etruscans, seem to have sailed from Asia Minor to found a state in the forest wildernesses of middle Italy; some built themselves cities upon the south-east coasts of the Mediterranean and became later that people known in history as the Philistines.
Somewhere between 900 and 800 BC, the Italian peninsula was settled by a mysterious peoples called the Etruscans. We don't know where the Etruscans came from, but archaeologists suspect that they came from the eastern Mediterannean, possibly Asia Minor.
The Roman historian Dionysius of Halicarnassus stated that this new culture had deemed themselves Rasenna, or Rasna. One theory of this name is that a large number of immigrants were from Resen, a city in Assyria. Their route is believed to have taken them from Assyria to a place called Eluthya in Egypt, where there are supposedly tomb decorations that are similar to the Etruscans.
In Daniel 11:37 it says "neither shall he regard the God of his fathers". Many claim that this means that the antichrist is Jewish. However, since Ishmael (the father of the Moslem nations) is the son of Abraham, it means the antichrist is a semite, one of the semitic nations.
Are you ready for Jesus Christ?
Copyright © 2015-2018 Tribulation Today. All Rights Reserved.