The Apostasy Aug 15, 2018

Hundreds of Catholic priests have molested more than 1,000 children in Pennsylvania

thedrumchannell's Avatar By thedrumchannell

Catholic Church - Sexual Abuse Victim
In a stunning find by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, hundreds of Catholic priests and clergy members have sexually abused more than one thousand child victims and possibly many more since the 1940's. Senior church officials, including a man who is now the archbishop of Washington, D.C., allegedly covered up the abuse, according to the states attorney general.

The Catholic Church, which is known, and highly criticized for thousands of sexual abuse allegations is not a stranger to the world of pedophilia. State-ordered investigations documented "tens of thousands of children from the 1940's to the 1990's" who suffered abuse at the hands of priests, nuns and church administration. This is shocking and terrifying considering the Church is one of the oldest religious institutions in history.

The obvious must be stated; the Catholic Church is not a safe environment for children. Even worse is the fact that many of the cases in Pennsylvania, and throughout the world, are products of systematic cover-up.

The investigation confirmed a "systematic cover-up by senior church officials in Pennsylvania and at the Vatican." The report itself provided scant detail about the Vatican's role beyond describing a series of confidential reports that bishops made to the Vatican about abusive priests.
How disturbing has this world become when innocent children can no longer be left alone and trusted with church officials?

The Catholic Church needs to perform a hard review of these cases and many other practices such as idol worship. Where is the distinction between Godly principles and the traditions of men? The word church no longer holds the same value and Godly meaning in this day and age. Isaiah 5:20 says, "woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!".

This is the world we live in now, and it more important than ever to use proper discernment when considering who and what is good in the eyes of God.

Friends, be blessed and love each other with the love of the Lord.

If you have more information about the Catholic Church sexual abuse cases in Pennsylvania, please signup and share in our Christian forums today.

Source: Fox News

Comments (5)

You must login to post comments.

I've always thought of priests molesting children as a dirty joke that people jokingly say in conversations. Same with priests having sexual relations with nuns. I've never thought of it as something true and I guess the people telling these jokes don't really mean it. However, due to the rise of news like this, I beg to differ. I'm really shocked that it really happens.
Sep 01, 2018

Yesterday I saw on the news that Catholic priests refused that a law should be passed that compels them to report people that reveal that they have molested children through confession( why am I not surprised). I think we as people have given priests and the clergy in general too much power over us. They are our leaders not Gods. We let them do anything to us and they take that adavantage with impunity. What kind of person would take advantage of vulnerable children? Is this really God? That's why many people don't attend church and participate in religion anymore. The catholic church needs to clean its house, sharpish!
Sep 01, 2018

Maybe this is what Jesus referred to as hypocrites. They are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean (Matthew 23:27). Their holiness is outward but they really have unregenerate hearts and full of evil desires.

This is an alarming number of molested children and these evil doers were even covered up. My heart goes out to these children.
Sep 01, 2018

Sometimes, demons are hiding inside a church and disguising themselves as a priest. The Catholic church needs to take action on this and victims must get the justice that they truly deserve. This is really a disturbing issue especially children are still innocent. May God and the people around may give them enough protection and guidance. This is for them to rise up again and to have a happy and better life.
Sep 01, 2018

This is horrible! My heart goes out to children affected by one of these Catholic priests.

Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 19:14

Who could do such a thing to an innocent child?
Aug 15, 2018