Looking further than we should?

1 Corinthians 4:6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.

Is it correct that we should not be looking beyond the bible for all we need?

I believe that the Lord has given us a brain to use, I also believe He will provide all things needed, but I also believe He wants us to be good stewards of the supplies He has already provided. I also believe that with that brain, we are to use it to prepare for the coming days. I believe we should start growing our food, stocking water, and medical supplies. For the days are short and the end is near. if we can help non Christians with food, water and medical attention, they are going to ask, why we were prepared.

The answer is simple. Jesus told us in the Word what was coming, and we believed Him. A great testimony. The Truth. People will see He is real and coming, they will turn to Him before it is too late and they will accept Him as Lord and Saviour.