[Prophecy Talk] Female preachers and women as the head of churches...

I hope I am not opening a huge can of worms here, but I wanted to get opinions on female pastors etc...

I have always believed that women play a huge part in the church but should not be ordained as ministers, or act as deacons etc based on my interpretation of scripture... Before we 'get into this' discussion... I wanted to get some general opinions...

What do you think?

The discussion about a woman leading the church instigated by St. Paul’s command that forbids a women from having an authority over a man (1 Timothy 2:12). Congregations have implemented this directive that’s why no woman has ever led a church.

In my opinion, women can lead the church too, as long as she has the calling to evangelism and spiritual passion. If you would take time to glance at the history, there were women, Godly women just like Mary Magdalene; chosen by Jesus Christ to preach the gospel, who have given their lives to spread the Word of God. Even in the 17th century, there were women who faithfully speak in the name of the Lord and displays spiritual strength just like Phoebe Palmer and Jarena Lee.

If you would also take a look at some households, the mothers are usually the one who nurtures the kids with spiritual wisdom. They were the children’s first preacher. They are also the one who usually keep the children’s faith to the Lord until they reaches the spiritual maturity.